- Juvenile Justice System
- Heart Gallery
- SAFE House
- ABQ Healthcare for Homeless
- New Day
- Barrett House
- ABQ Mutual Aid
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
WHAT IS DIAPER NEED?
Diaper need is the lack of a sufficient supply of diapers to keep an infant or child clean, dry, and healthy.
HERE ARE THE FACTS.
- 1 in 3 US families reports experiencing diaper need.
- 5 million children in the U.S. aged three or younger live in poor or low-income families.
- Infants require up to 12 diapers per day, toddlers about 8.
- Disposable diapers can cost $70 to $80 per month per baby.
- No state or federal child safety-net program allocates dollars specifically for the purchase of diapers.
- Without transportation, buying diapers at a convenience store rather than a large, big box store can significantly increase the monthly cost of diapers.
- Most childcare centers, even free and subsidized facilities require parents to provide a day’s supply of disposable diapers.