If you would like your order of 1-5 books shipped at a lower price via USPS media mail or for orders of 6 or more books, please contact the Junior League of Albuquerque office at 505-260-0199.
- Extensive collection of innovative dishes with a distinctive Southwestern twist
- Special Comida Simpatica section full of native New Mexican favorites with step-by- step instructions
- Helpful glossary of Southwestern cooking terms
- More than a dozen menus and unique ideas for gracious, simpatico entertaining
- 1999 Walter S. McIlhenny Hall-Of-Fame Award and 2006 New Mexico State Senate Memorial recipient
SOUTHWESTERN POTATO SALAD
4 medium potatoes
1/3 cup salad oil
¼ cup vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
Dash bottled hot pepper sauce
1 8-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
1 small onion, thinly sliced
½ cup shredded carrot
½ cup chopped green pepper
½ cup sliced pitted ripe olives
Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender; drain, pare and cube. Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, seasoned salt and hot pepper sauce. Add to warm potatoes; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour. Fold in remaining ingredients. Garnish with additional halved ripe olives, if desired. Serve well chilled.
A new twist to an old favorite!
TROPICAL COCONUT COOLER
3 cups pear or apricot nectar
1 15-ounce can coconut cream
1 cup rum
1 cup club soda
½ cup lime juice
Combine ingredients in blender. Place in pitcher with ice and stir.
Without the rum, this is a wonderful children’s drink!